After 4 young Pennsylvania men disappear, DA suspects foul play

Posted July 16, 2017

Authorities are investigating after four men, aged between 19 and 22 years old, went missing over several days last week within miles of each other in Bucks County, Pennsylvania.

The attorney, Paul Lang, said his DiNardo, 20, confessed to "the four murders" and was prepared to plead guilty to four counts of first-degree murder.

Prosecutors filed the charges Friday against Cosmo DiNardo and Sean Kratz.

The AP, citing an affidavit procured by the Bucks County Courier Times, reported that DiNardo was accused of having a shotgun and ammunition in February, even though he has a history of mental illness that has included voluntary commitment.

His parents still remain in custody on $5 million cash bail over a gun possession charge and trying to sell one of the victim's cars.

Four young men from Pennsylvania all disappeared the week of July 4 - and now authorities suspect foul play.

More news: JIT Report 'Bundle of Baseless Allegations', says Pak PM Nawaz Sharif

Investigators found human remains, including a body identified as one of the victims, on DiNardo's parents' property.

DiNardo was arrested Wednesday for allegedly trying to sell Meo's auto for $500 on July 9 - a day after Meo was last seen.

According to a report by The Intelligencer based in Doylestown, Bucks County, DiNardo's defense attorney said Thursday his client confessed to his "participation or commission in the murders of four young men."

DiNardo's arrest Wednesday was his second trip to jail since the four men disappeared. In exchange for DiNardo's cooperation, Lang said, prosecutors would not seek the death penalty.

Less than 24 hours later, however, he was back behind bars after police located Meo's vehicle on a DiNardo property.

Although there are indications that some or all of the men knew one another, investigators are working to confirm that information and the extent of any connections, Weintraub said.

More news: Sen. Chuck Grassley to send Trump Jr. letter asking him to testify

The other missing men are Mark Sturgis, 22; Tom Meo, 21; and Jimi Tar Patrick, 21.

"I don't know how this is going to end up, unfortunately, but I am confident that we are going to get to the bottom of this", Weintraub said.

The property on which police found Finocchiaro's remains belongs to DiNardo's father.

'And I'm very, very sad to say that we can now identify Dean Finocchiaro, 19-years-old of Middletown as one of the people found buried in that grave.

Cadaver dogs led investigators this week to the spot on the family farm where they discovered human remains inside a 12 ½-foot-deep common grave.

More news: Flash flood watch issued for Livingston, other counties