PSG president says nothing to hide over summer transfers

Posted September 07, 2017

Kylian Mbappe has said he understands if Monaco fans feel let down by his big-money move to Paris St Germain. "But, of course, Paris Saint-Germain was the main option".

The 18-year-old France worldwide spoke for the first time as a PSG player since his transfer went through last week and revealed his initial intentions to remain with Monaco, as well as explaining his decision to turn down a move away from Ligue 1.

PSG now boast one of the most exciting front-lines in world football, and Mbappe was keen to post an image alongside his new teammate following a busy Tuesday for the France worldwide.

Mbappe took the football world by storm last season firing AS Monaco to the Ligue 1 title and into the Champions League quatre-finals.

More news: Gasoline Prices Stabilizing as Some Refineries Get Back Up to Speed

'It gives me great pleasure to join one of the biggest clubs in the world, which possesses the ingredients to become the best, ' he said. However, I came for the project.

"In May, I was of the opinion I'd stay with Monaco", he explained.

Mbappe, who will join PSG permanently on a £160million deal after his loan spell, joined the president of PSG Nasser Al-Khelaifi for his formal unvieling at a press conference on Wednesday. It will not weigh me down, ' he said. It was important to return to the city where I grew up'.

Mbappe opted to work under coach Unai Emery in a front line also featuring fellow summer signing Neymar. I also sent a sign to Paris that they can bank on me.

More news: Editor of Indian newspaper shot dead outside her home

"We have been transparent with UEFA", Al-Khelaifi said.

Asked if Coutinho, who was the subject of multiple summer transfer bids from Barcelona, needed to move to Spain, Pele said: "No".

"Coutinho is a player I think we should all look at too because he is excellent for his team".

More news: As Hurricane Irma advances, Trump declares emergencies in Florida, Puerto Rico