How Ivanka and Donald Trump Jr. Beat Condo Fraud Rap

Posted October 06, 2017

But, in 2012, Kasowitz joined the case and "donated twenty-five thousand dollars to the reelection campaign of the Manhattan District Attorney, Cyrus Vance, Jr. and asked him that the investigation be dropped". ProPublica also reports during the same year, Kasowitz donated $25,000 to Vance's campaign, which Vance said was returned shortly before their meeting.

Assistant district attorneys in the Major Economic Crimes Bureau pressed for evidence against Trump during a series of meetings in late 2010 and early 2011, according to sources close to several disgruntled apartment buyers.

"I did not at the time believe beyond a reasonable doubt that a crime had been committed", Vance explained to the New Yorker. "I have never made a contribution to anyone's campaign, including Cy Vance's, as a "quid-pro-quo" for anything".

News about the Trump Jr. and Ivanka emails containing fabricated statements did not surface during last year's election, even as Clinton dealt with numerous investigations and public scrutiny-and denunciations from her opponent, Donald Trump-into her use of a private email account as secretary of state.

More news: European Parliament criticises UK's divisions over Brexit process

Trump's eldest children were accused of inflating the number of condos in the building that had been purchased.

But neither figures were true.

In one email, according to four people who have seen it, the Trumps discussed how to coordinate false information they had given to prospective buyers. In another, according to a person who read the e-mails, they anxious that a reporter might be on to them.

These attorneys met with prosecutors and conceded that their clients had made exaggerated claims, but argued that the overstatements didn't amount to criminal misconduct. Kasowitz offered no new arguments and only reiterated what Ivanka and Donald Trump Jr.'s lawyers had said in the past. Unbeknownst to the prosecution team at the time was the fact that Kasowitz, according to ProPublica, had made a $25,000 donation to Vance's re-election campaign, one of the largest donations at the time.

More news: Ongoing Uber Power Struggle Is Still Ongoing

Kasowitz later crowed that "the case was "really unsafe", one person said, and that it was "amazing I got them off". He said that the case was "really unsafe", one person said, and that it was "amazing I got them off". The suit was subsequently settled, with the Trumps agreeing to return 90 percent of the buyers' deposits as long as the plaintiffs agreed to not coöperate with prosecutors unless they were subpoenaed. "Every contribution is vetted through a rigorous process, accepted when appropriate, and returned when flagged", said the spokesman.

It's been hit after hit of reports on unethical behavior by Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner in the past week, and some House Democrats are now calling to revoke her security clearance. According to ProPublica, prosecutors were inching toward impaneling a grand jury in the case against Ivanka and Donald, Jr. -a move that often leads to indictments. In reality, they had barely filled 15 percent of the property.

The Trump SoHo foreclosed in 2014, having sold only 33 percent of its units.

Ivanka told reporters in 2010 that the 43-story luxury building was 60 percent sold, an important indicator of a safe investment.

More news: TransCanada Cancels Energy East Oilsands Pipeline