Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) said its executive committee agreed unanimously that the October 29 match in Lahore should go ahead as scheduled following reassurances of the best possible security.
The SLC said over the past two months it had conducted a thorough evaluation with the assistance of the governments of Sri Lanka and Pakistan, the Pakistan Cricket Board and independent security experts.More news: Lions must help Matthew Stafford to avoid another lost season
Doubts about the game being held in Lahore have emerged after 40 Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) contracted players, including most of the current squad, wrote a letter to SLC President Thialnga Sumathipala asking for a change of venue. A squad of 22 will be announced on Tuesday and the list is expected to be pruned to 15 by October 20. "The ICC also will meet the players on Saturday to brief them about the situation in Lahore", CricBuzz quoted a source from the SLC as saying. The board officials had also stated earlier that Sri Lanka's players had been promised the same level of security afforded to the World XI team in September, and that the ICC was also willing to send its match officials to Pakistan.
The first two games of the series will be played in the United Arab Emirates which remains the adapted home of Pakistan.
In first phase, tickets of at least seven enclosures are presented for sales online, at comparatively lower prices than what it carried for three-match Independence series between Pakistan and World XI.More news: Reds stars share a laugh in training ahead of Maribor clash
Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Najam Sethi confirmed on Monday that the Sri Lankan team is set to play the third T20 global against Pakistan at Lahore's Gaddafi Stadium.
That Sri Lanka will tour for the match was confirmed earlier in the day by PCB chief Najam Sethi.More news: Twitter to revise rules after suspension of Weinstein accuser triggers boycott