The season will be eight episodes - significantly shorter than previous seasons, which featured 13 episodes each - and will not include Kevin Spacey, who led the show to critical acclaim but was sacked after a series of sexual assault allegations this fall.
Last month, Netflix stopped production of House of Cards' sixth season and severed its relationship with Spacey after several people - including Star Trek: Discovery actor Anthony Rapp - accused the Oscar victor of sexual misconduct.More news: Ambassador Haley: US will utterly destroy North Korean regime in war
According to Netflix's chief content officer Ted Sarandos, the series will go back into production in early 2018, Variety reports. "And so we're really excited that we were able to come to a good creative conclusion to the show". Spacey was sacked from his role following a series of allegations of sexual misconduct.
A publicist for Wright was not immediately available for comment. In the October 30 statement, Spacey wrote that he does "not remember the encounter", but apologized to Rapp "for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior".More news: Giancarlo Stanton rumors: Representatives of Marlins slugger meeting with San Francisco Giants
The actor claimed he was 14 when Spacey allegedly harassed him by climbing on top of him on a bed following a party in 1986. Several past and present crew members of House of Cards told CNN that Spacey created a "toxic" work environment through alleged acts of sexual harassment and assault.
Sarandos also said at the conference that the final season will be eight episodes long. But the great unknown remains: what will be the scenario of Frank Underwood? Production was called to a halt on October 31 as writers have been figuring out how to continue the series without Spacey, who starred in the lead role of Frank Underwood for five years and five seasons now.More news: Penn State returns to Fiesta Bowl to play Washington