Meghan Markle closes social media accounts after engagement to Prince Harry

Posted January 10, 2018

Instead, fans get updates on their lives through the official Kensington Palace account (@KensingtonRoyal) on Instagram and Twitter.

Former actress Meghan Markle has deleted her social media accounts as she prepares to Wednesday Prince Harry.

Now, Meghan, who ended her blog, The Tig, last April, has taken another step towards revamping her public persona by shutting down her personal Instagram and Twitter accounts, on which she had previously shared photos of her travels and her dogs, Guy and Bogart.

More news: Kanye West rapped on phone to fan battling with cancer

"Ms. Markle is grateful to everyone who has followed her social media accounts over the years", the palace statement said. No worries, though, for royal watchers.

The prince and his fiancee visited community station Reprezent FM, which provides media training and experience to young people. It was the couple's second official event together since they announced their engagement in November.

The move was noticed by several media outlets this week, and confirmed in a statement Tuesday from Kensington Palace, which represents the royal family. Hundreds of people lined the streets to welcome them.

More news: Amazon Alexa to launch on Windows 10 PCs this year

"I think she's trouble", she said. I just see it as a change.

She added that she feels satisfied with her work on the long-running TV series "Suits". And also keep in mind that I've been working on my show [Suits] for seven years.

The couple are marrying on May 19 at Windsor Castle's St George's Chapel.

More news: Brad Pitt Bid $120000 to Watch 'Game of Thrones' With Emilia Clarke