WWE sacks Enzo Amore

Posted January 24, 2018

"WWE has come to terms on the release of Eric Arndt (Enzo Amore)", WWE said in a statement released on its website.

The situation was first brought to light on Twitter when a woman claimed she was raped by Amore-real name Eric Arndt-in October.

A woman said Monday on Twitter that she had been raped by Enzo Amore in October in Phoenix. "PUT ME UNDER A LIE DETECTOR RIGHT NOW", she tweeted, according to Wrestling Inc.

More news: Ferrari confirms it's making an electric supercar

The initial statement from WWE confirming his suspension on Monday read: "WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving sexual harassment or sexual assault". When the allegations broke out yesterday afternoon, Enzo Amore was immediately suspended by WWE. She claims Enzo then restrained her and "it happened".

WWE has been forced to suspend one of its top stars after allegations he raped a woman in a hotel room. She told TMZ Sports that Amore was hitting on her hard in the hotel room, but she tried to slow him down.

Enzo is also not the most popular character in the WWE among his colleagues as he is often reported and accused to be a bad mouth with his fellow WWE employees.

More news: Prosecutor seeks arrest warrant for Puigdemont

The police have opened a sexual assault investigation into the case.

The investigation is awaiting lab results. Amore was due to face Cedric Alexander for the belt at this Sunday's Royal Rumble event.

Arndt, who has been with WWE since 2012, was the Cruiserweight champion prior to being fired. Then on Tuesday WWE released a further statement declaring that they had made a decision to release Amore from his contract.

More news: CDC spokesperson calls flu season 'unprecedented'