YouTube shooting: the suspect's final days

Posted April 09, 2018

In others, she exercises, promotes animal rights and explains the vegan diet, often in elaborate costumes or carrying a rabbit.

Authorities don't know of a motive for the shooting, but they are investigating a website that appears to show the same woman accusing YouTube of restricting her videos, according to the Los Angeles Times.

"YouTube filtered my channels to keep them from getting views!" she wrote on her website www.nasimabc.com, before it was taken down Wednesday afternoon.

San Bruno Police Chief Ed Barberini noted that she likely targeted the video sharing site company headquarters because she was disgruntled with recently instituted policy that she believed was discriminatory and cut into her income, as reported by NBC News.

More than 1,100 people work at the YouTube campus in San Bruno.

It was the culmination of a crackdown begun previous year on controversial sites and in the immediate aftermath of scathing criticism following YouTube star Logan Paul publishing a video showing a dead body in a Japanese forest.

"I am so sorry for those people shot", she said.

More news: WWE Wrestlemania 34 - Every match happening this Sunday

One video was a tutorial about how to massage buttocks, and another featured a song praising Bahaism, a religion that originated in Iran but is heavily suppressed by the Islamic Republic. Charts from the analytics site SocialBlade reportedly showed that Aghdam suffered a major decline in viewers and subscribers to her main YT channel in June 2016; she reportedly launched several other YT accounts during 2016 and 2017, which also suffered significant viewership dips within several months.

"I googled 'Mountain View, ' and it was close to YouTube headquarters".

Kimia Shobeiri, 18, suggested the shooting, like Aghdam's prolific posts, was a ploy to get attention. In one post she says: "Internet crackdown and filtering is increasing in the West".

Nasim Aghdam, an Iranian native who was in her late 30s, walked through a parking garage into a courtyard at YouTube's campus on Tuesday and opened fire with a handgun, police said.

"It was a very normal conversation".

The crazed woman who opened fire at YouTube's headquarters before killing herself had been found by police snoozing in her vehicle the night before the attack after her family reported her missing, according to a report. During the shooting, she swapped out a magazine and shot from the second magazine when she killed herself.

Several San Bruno police officers on Wednesday spent almost two hours at Jackson Arms, a South San Francisco range.

More news: How a US - China trade war could hit your pocketbook

Of the three wounded, the man remains in serious condition at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital, a spokesman said.

A woman who claimed to be the shooter's aunt but would not share her name said Aghdam's father told police his daughter was "angry" at YouTube, and police should be careful.

Aghdam's YouTube, Facebook and Instagram pages have all been removed since the shooting, but not before reporters were able to view much of her content.

They said they had reported finding her to her family, and that her father later called back to tell them she was upset with YouTube over its handling of her videos. ATF spend the day searching the San Diego home where Aghdam had lived with her grandmother, as well has her father's home in Riverside County. "They fought a lot", he said. Officers spent almost two hours Wednesday at the Jackson Arms Shooting Range in South San Francisco, a few miles from the YouTube headquarters. "Our thoughts and prayers are with them and their families", it said. "If I had to pick neighbors, I'd have them all around".

Ismail Aghdam said that his daughter was angry at YouTube for not paying her for the content. "It's not like she stood out", he told Mercury News.

The California Highway Patrol told Fox News that San Bruno police requested their assistance with the perimeter regarding reports of an active shooter.

More news: 'What have I done?' - Zuma asks as corruption trial begins