The channel did not provide any details on casualties of damage from the alleged attack, however Saudi authorities said its facilities in Jizan were operating "normally and safely" following the Houthis' announcement.
Saudi Arabia's air defense forces said that they intercepted Houthi scout drone over Abha airport on the same day that militias fired a ballistic missile targeting the capital Riyadh. The Saudi led coalition has been performing airstrikes in war-torn Yemen since 2015, supporting government forces in their fight against the Houthis.More news: Trump's personal attorney tells ABC News FBI raids were 'respectful' and 'courteous'
The US on Thursday strongly condemned the Houthi missile attack on Riyadh, saying this calls into question their commitment to helping shape a peaceful, prosperous, and secure future for Yemen.
The coalition has launched thousands of air strikes in Yemen which have hit schools, markets and hospitals, killing hundreds of people - though it says it does not target civilians.More news: Police Arrest 2 Men In Connection With Saturday Homicide
Saudi Arabian military intercepted at least one missile above the capital Riyadh on Wednesday, Saudi-owned broadcaster Al Arabiya said.
Primarily based on a United Nations report, larger than 9,245 people have been killed in Yemen since March 2015, larger than half of which had been civilians.More news: Vanuatu Refutes Reports About Talks With China on Hosting Military Base
"The rocketry forces of the Yemeni (Houthi) army and popular forces have already fired a barrage of long-range ballistic missiles, Burkan-H2, toward the headquarters of the Saudi Defense Ministry in the capital Riyadh", said the statement, which is posted on the Houthi-controlled state Saba news agency.