The identity of the third book wasn't immediately apparent.
Police set up a sting in which the woman recorded herself confronting Weinstein.
90 minutes later he left the NYPD's 1st Precinct handcuffed and smiling as he was escorted to court.
The film producer denies charges that he raped one woman and forced another to perform oral sex.
The two officials said the criminal case involves allegations by Lucia Evans, a former actress who was among the first women to speak out about Weinstein.
But Louise Godbold predicts the movie mogul will now "play hard and dirty".More news: Lionel Messi thanks Argentina fans for support despite Spain thrashing
Weinstein was a fixture in the most elite entertainment circles of Manhattan and Los Angeles until his accusers came forward. "I loved my life", she said.
The source says, "Prosecutors will charge Weinstein with first- and third-degree rape in one case and a first-degree sex act in a second case".
The statute of limitations for rape in NY was eliminated in 2006, but not for attacks that happened prior to 2001. "Victims of sexual assault want to believe that justice will be served regardless of who the abuser is".
But it's not just Weinstein's alleged victims that will be rebuilding their livelihoods as they recover from the fallout of his actions.
A female employee with the security firm posing as a literary agent initiated contact and met with actress Rose McGowan and journalists, recording the conversations.
Weinstein was charged Friday with attacking Evans and raping another, unidentified woman at a hotel in 2013. His lawyer, Benjamin Brafman, didn't elaborate further on the denials Friday, saying he wasn't there "to try the case" at this point.More news: Utah Man Jailed In Venezuela Freed After Two Years
She was one of the earliest Harvey Weinstein accusers, and she thought the mogul might never face justice in a court of law.
"Just the idea of him getting out of a police auto with handcuffs is very satisfying because it makes it concrete", she said. In Oct. 2017, after numerous actresses publicly detailed their encounters with Weinstein, Vance said that prosecutors in his office had felt the 2015 tape hadn't been enough evidence to charge Weinstein.
Weinstein had been a powerful force in the entertainment industry until previous year saw an avalanche of accusations of sexual harassment, assault and rape against him.
Weinstein was arraigned Friday on charges stemming from encounters with two women. Al Franken, chef Mario Batali, casino magnate Steve Wynn and, most recently, New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman.
Weinstein did not enter a plea, as is common at this stage. That's common at this stage in a criminal case in NY.
The public allegations against Weinstein helped prompt a broad public reckoning about sexual misconduct.More news: Subtropical Storm Alberto brings rain, wind gusts to Northeast Florida
Weinstein, 66, has been accused by dozens of women of sexual misconduct and has been investigated by the New York Police Department, the Manhattan District Attorney's Office, the New York Attorney General's Office, the Los Angeles Police Department and United Kingdom authorities.