L.A. prosecutors review sex crime case against Sylvester Stallone

Posted June 15, 2018

Earlier last year, the Daily Mail reported that in 1986 a 16-year-old autograph-seeker told Las Vegas police she was sexually assaulted by Stallone and his bodyguard. Last year, during initial media reports about the Santa Monica case, Stallone's attorney said he "categorically disputes the claim".

Police in Santa Monica and Stallone's attorney, Martin Singer, could also not be reached for comment.

This is a developing story... Stallone told Radar Online at the time that the alleged assault "never happened".

Stallone's case joins a slew of others that are being handled by the L.A. County sex crimes task force, which was formed previous year in the wake of the enormous fallout from the Harvey Weinstein scandal. The case was first reported to the Santa Monica Police Department in November 2017, who handed the case over to the Los Angeles District Attorney's office. But he has yet to be charged with a crime there. Details of the case were not released.

More news: South Korean president hopes for 'major agreement' at US-N.Korea summit

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the case against Stallone that is now being reviewed by the DA is from an incident that took place in 1990.

Actor Sylvester Stallone arrives at the 88th Academy Awards nominees luncheon in Beverly Hills, California, February 8, 2016.

U.S. prosecutors have launched a probe to determine whether film star Sylvester Stallone should be charged in connection with a sexual assault reported a year ago, a spokesman said Wednesday.

Stallone skyrocketed to fame in 1976 with his Oscar-winning boxing movie Rocky and went on to become one of Hollywood's biggest action stars through the Rambo and Rocky film franchises.

More news: Vladimir Putin invites Kim Jong Un to Russian Federation in September

In an interview with the New York Post, Singer said the rush of #MeToo stories that followed accusations against Harvey Weinstein are what led to the claim being made against Stallone.

Sylvester Stallone on a recent visit to the White House.

"We got a complaint that was made in November of alleged sexual misconduct in the 1990s", SMPD spokesman Saul Rodriguez told Reuters.

More news: Disputes over trade tariffs, Russian Federation overshadow G7 meeting