Neighbor says she didn't see teen near cabin

Posted January 12, 2019

Closs, abducted on the night her parents were killed, was held captive for three months.

Jake Thomas Patterson, 21, is being held on two counts of first-degree homicide and one count of kidnapping. From what she told them, they believed she was there for most of her disappearance.

Jayme was rescued Thursday afternoon after escaping her alleged captor and approaching a woman for help who was walking her dog just outside of Gordon, Wisconsin, according to the Star-Tribune. Jayme was quiet, her emotions "pretty flat", Peter Kasinskas said. Jayme Closs turned up in Gordon, which is roughly 70 miles north of the girl's home.

Mr Fitzgerald said investigators believe Patterson killed Jayme's parents because he wanted to abduct her, and that Patterson "planned his actions and took many steps to hide his identity". The Barron County Sheriff's Department said the girl had likely been abducted. The decorations spelled out her name in big, glittery letters, and they included green bulbs and ribbons. "She seemed kind of in shock and kind of timid, but she did talk to us a little bit, and she came in and sat down in our living room and was able to have a conversation with us", Kristin Kasinskas told the TODAY Show.

Jayme Closs a 13-year-old girl who went missing in October after her parents were murdered was located alive on Thursday
Jayme Closs a 13-year-old girl who went missing in October after her parents were murdered was located alive on Thursday

Kasinskas said Jayme gave the name of the person who she believed had abducted her, along with a little information about that person's vehicle.

Jayme's grandfather, Robert Naiberg, told the AP that he had been praying for months for the call he received about his granddaughter being found alive. He said she was silent until authorities arrived 15 minutes afterward.

But Kasinskas said Jayme told her she had been held in the Gordon area - near Kasinskas' home - by someone who killed her parents on the night she disappeared.

"She said that this person usually hides her or hides her when others are near, or when he has to leave the household". The "unusual" call had no communication from the caller, just yelling and a cry for help in the background, police said according to NBC News. "I can't wait to get my arms around her". "She did not go into detail about how she got out of the house or anything like that".

More news: Andy Murray makes surprise announcement ahead of the Australian Open

The girl gave authorities a description of a vehicle, and a patrol sergeant found Patterson driving a auto that matched the description a short distance away, down the road from the Gordon home, Fitzgerald said at a news conference Friday.

Jayme's aunt, Sue Allard, told WCCO of a rollercoaster day Thursday - the family earlier in the day had heard rumors, which authorities knocked down, that the teen might have been found in a different part of the state. "I've been in the dumpster for three months".

A woman said she was walking her dog along a rural road Thursday afternoon when a dishevelled teenage girl called out to her for help, quickly grabbed her and told her she was lost.

"It was literally like we were seeing a ghost, because we have seen the billboards and the commercials and all that stuff, and there she is in my kitchen, you know".

More news: Yannick Carrasco, Denis Suarez and Gabriel Brazao

Jayme had been missing since October 15.

After 87 days, 13-year-old Jayme Closs has been found alive in rural Wisconsin.

Smith, Jayme's godmother, told CNN affiliate WCCO that Jayme was recovering in a hospital near Duluth, Minnesota, and is expected to be released Friday.

Authorities may reveal some of these details during a Friday morning news conference. "I thought today was going to be the day, and then I find out two hours later that she's found and I just can not believe this", Allard told WCCO reporter Mary McGuire.

More news: Networks Fact-Check Trump Speech After Criticism Of Decision To Air

On Oct. 15, 2018, a frantic 911 call led police to the Closs home in Barron.